Once a month, I curate a writers round called Stories & Songwriters at Ebenezers Coffeehouse on Capitol Hill. This live music event normally happens on the 2nd Saturday of the month, but check the Ebenezers’ event calendar the most up to date information.
Other information you should know …
- The show is FREE, but tips are welcome!
- Music from 7 – 8:30 pm.
- It’s a listening room vibe.
… are a little different then your normal concert. A writers round is where all the artists stay seated at the front the whole show.
The night is really about the stories and the songwriters get the chance to really share their songs one at a time.
If you like lyrics, the behind the scenes info and a listening music room … this concert is for you. If you want the DJ and the loud club … Kelly’s Irish Times is down the street.
Here is the list of artists that have played at Stories and Songwriters …
- Heather Reene
- Brie Arden
- Amber Dutton
- Tiffany Thompson
- Jake Lewis
- Macy K.
- Tom Roue
- Molly Hagen
- Flo Anito
- Joy Ike
- Amanda Lee
- Adjoa Skinner
- Sarah Davenport
Booking Information for Artists
- Be at the venue by 6:30 pm to get setup.
- Music goes from 7:00-8:30 pm in a writers round style.
- Ebenezers sponsors this show by starting the tip jar with $$. You’re guaranteed to go home with gas money. Additional tips have ranged between $50-100 from the audience. So my hope is that each artist takes home $30-50.
- Free drinks and food at Ebenezers during the show.
- There is no pressure for you to have to draw people … but if friends come that makes the show more fun. There is only a limited built in crowd of about 5-10 people normally.
- Ebenezers provides a simple PA setup, which the coffee house staff graciously sets up. But if you normally have extra special sound needs, please keep in mind the acoustic nature of this evening and the fact that it’s a writers round, so things switch pretty quick.